There are 8 key drivers of Employee Engagement which have been universally researched and accepted. (#1 is by far the key driver)
- Relationship with one’s manager – Does the employee value his or her relationship with his or her manager?
- Trust and integrity – How well managers communicate and ‘walk the talk’.
- Nature of the job – Is it mentally stimulating day-to-day?
- Line of sight between employee performance and company performance – Does the employee understand how their work contributes to the company’s performance?
- Career Growth opportunities – Are there future opportunities for growth?
- Pride about the company – How much self-esteem does the employee feel by being associated with their company?
- Coworkers/team members – significantly influence one’s level of engagement
- Employee development – Is the company making an effort to develop the employee’s skills?