Setting Performance Objectives
If you’re going to have objective setting discussions with your employees, make sure you have the people management skills to pull it off. To get ready, you need to:
1. Review the People Management Challenges below.
2. Pick the Actions and Implementation Ideas that best fit your personal style.
3. Set up your own Personal Action Plan on the form provided so that you can refer to it as you practice the new behaviors.
Then, using your new skills, follow the Guide to Setting Performance Objectives and use the forms provided to develop your employees’ objectives with them. Once performance objectives have been agreed upon, you will copy them onto the employee’s personalized Employee Performance Review Form.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT CHALLENGES
- Setting Clear Objectives for Employees
- Setting Clear Objectives for Employees-French
- Involving Employees in Setting Objectives
- Guide to Setting Performance Objectives
- Guide to Setting Performance Objectives-French
- Personal Action Plan Preparation Guide
- Sample Performance Objectives
- Sample Performance Objectives-French
- Objective Setting Worksheet
- Objective Setting Worksheet-French
- Personal Action Plan
- Personal Action Plan-French